Monday, September 17, 2007

Pilgrim in a unholy land

So, Saturday morning, wife and I are out and she has to stop to use the bathroom. What's the nearest place that's open? Starbucks. Will someone please explain to me why that company still exists?

First let me say (for those of you who don't know me) I hate coffee and I don't like liberals, hippies or their hangouts. So it was with great trepidation that I entered the Starbucks.

First off, I don't want a "tall" or a "venti"...I want small, medium or large. And no, I don't want a "latte" or a "expresso" but I will compromise, so I ordered a Chai tea, btw, Panera's is better tasting. And why should I spend 3 bucks on something I can get for a dollar (and which tastes better) at Quicktrip!?

Not to mention I live in Kansas City, I don't give a flying imam about what the New York Treason has on its front page...but I can't escape it since Little Seattle Coffehouse has it RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REGISTER!

We paid almost 10 bucks for a chai, a hot chocolate (it was about 60* F, rainy and cloudy Sat morning) a croissant and a glazed pecan cake of somekind. The croissant was decent though again, QuickTrip's are better.

Making a long (and painful) story short...Starbucks, overpriced crap. I'll take QT's cappuccino anyday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Starbucks isn't that bad...



Jamba is better. :D

Rogue said...

Panera is better :|